Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Scripted & I Dare Science Prove Anything

At times I truly believe my Zune is in tune with my emotions. (Que super sap music). So on my way home from a lovely pizza eating and beer infused fun evening of TNJ@B (Tuesday night jazz at Blackstone) with the coolest folk I know of the Fleegan type, my Zune plays me this. Light In Your Eyes- by Blessid Union of Souls. I already still feel like shit at times for reasons most of you who read this know. But damn if this song would have to play. The best part is it's ending right as I pull up to the house and park and turn off my engine right at the lyrics of.

"There's a light in my eyes but it's too bright to see
And a pain in my heart where you used to be
Guess I was wrong to assume that you were waiting here for me
There's a light in your eyes
Did you leave that light burning for me"

And I be damned if as i'm reaching to grab my purse and things, the interior light shuts off right at the last line with exact timing. (way to drive the damn point home).
____________________________________________________________

So at work today I asked a co-worker why the bossman didn't like his shirt that read "don't think of yourself as an ugly person, but as a beautiful monkey". He replied because of the whole evolution thing. Apparently my bossman and co-workers including the one who wore the shirt DO NOT believe in evolution.

So then I opened my big mouth to ask how can you not believe something that science has proven and hello do you not watch Discovery Chanel Planet Earth
. O shit I opened up a can. Cause well, replies ass muncher (not shirt wearer), God created man we did not come from some tiny organism that came from nowhere. Did you catch that "that came from nowhere" cause I sure did and almost hurt the poor boys feelings simply because where is the proof of his said theory of which he argued no proof of mine (and well there is). I can definitely say this is the most worked up I've gotten over an issue in awhile. But I quickly calmed myself and said OK you believe what you wanna believe and I believe what I want to nothing more cause I'm about to piss you off. So I thought it was squashed but o no since the boss man wasn't there to witness this the ass muncher is all "O I gotta let the boss man tell you what he thinks" Um no thanks (I've been "counseled" before by a boss man at a previous job and frankly it pissed me off).


No comments: