Sunday, July 27, 2008

MP3 Meltdown

So me thinking I was actually making progress on organizing my life, accidentally deleted my largest music folder. I discovered this today when I put Winamp on shuffle and realized it was skipping quit a few songs. So I investigate and yes they are all gone. Did I mention this was my largest/ best collection. The one my best college buddy Dove and I dl'd for our countless late nights in yearbook, my endless art projects, late nights of drinking, and just driving down Hillman Hwy.

I almost cried because that whole collection of music was my most memorable of my life, senior year at E&H and my first year post college. Music saved my soul at times, I would get lost in it. Especially the hard time I had coming home from college with no close friends and having to figure it all out with having a degree but no job for 7 months. I couldn't even get Dollar General to hire me (the curse of higher education!)

So I did what any person would do in a time like this (thankfully not panic) and called up my good ol' buddy Dove aka (Dove Dizzle, Dove Deezey fo Sheezey, & Dove Delicious). She helped me remember the gist of music I collected. But there is no way I'll remember it all (we are talking close to 7 gigs of stuff here). She did make a good point however in that I'll remember the ones that meant the most and had frequent play time.

At least now I do have a bit to keep me busy this week. Limewire Pro here I come!

3 comments:

Eric Wright said...

you need a mac, and time machine. nuff said

Creative Verbiage said...

O shit, hey my computer rolls back time. I will have to try that out. Thanks Eric! I'll let ya know how that goes.

Creative Verbiage said...

Ummm ok so I can't get those files back. I gotta re download them all.